Domestic and commercial properties can benefit from several different forms
of fire protection aside from the obvious fire extinguisher and blanket.
• Preventative measures like fireproof paint can dramatically reduce the risk of a fire spreading beyond the room; as standard domestic paint can be highly flammable.
• Plasterboard is flammable too, but coating it with fireproof paints can protect it from damage. Fire resistant plasterboard can also be used, which appears no different from standard.
• Fireproof sealant can also help stop the spread of fire, as it stops flames from breaking through small holes in surfaces.
• Fire curtains can also be purchased from many online and specialist stores to stop the spread of flames for around 30 minutes, which could be a lifesaver.
• Fire proof mortar can withstand fire temperatures for long periods of time, meaning that a building is less likely to suffer much structural damage from a fire.
Excl. Tax: £18.70 Incl. Tax: £22.44 As low as: £21.32
Excl. Tax: £2.81 Incl. Tax: £3.37
Starting at: Excl. Tax: £3.67 Incl. Tax: £4.40
Starting at: Excl. Tax: £18.90 Incl. Tax: £22.68