Tile backer Boards
Tile backer boards are installed behind tiles in a bathroom, kitchen or
wetroom that can provide extra insulation in the room or the perfect base for
• Tile backer boards are made from a special polystyrene foam core with special mortar and a two sided coating of fibre glass weave that gives them durability.
• They don't absorb water and can be tiled onto directly.
This makes them the perfect addition to any room in the home where there is lots of water.
Aqua Panel and Fibre Rock are both popular brands of tile backer boards::
• Ensure that the board is the correct thickness to be able to support intended use of tiles.
• If there is a subfloor then a backer board that is 1/4 inch thick will be strong enough.
• If there is no subfloor then you will need the backer board to be at least 1/2 an inch thick.
• The correctly sized backer board will mean tiles and grout are less likely to crack over time.
Excl. Tax: £16.00 Incl. Tax: £19.20