Fibre batts can be very efficient when insulating floors.
• Thermal and acoustic properties of this insulation method make it ideal for an apartment above ground floor level.
• This may take too much out of the room because the timber floor will need to be installed above the batts.
Eco-Versal insulation, manufactured by Ecotherm, is an innovative insulation method, combining the insulation properties of specially formulated foam with an aluminium composite.
• Foam used in the Eco-versal insulation is a rigid polyisocyanurate construction.
• Aluminium composite is arranged on both sides of the foam to enhance its thermal insulation properties.
• Eco-versal insulation is designed to reduce your carbon emissions.
Double layered foil insulation by Airtec, is another method of insulating a timber floor.
• Brand name ‘Double Bubble’, made from aluminium foil, and resembles a large roll of bubble wrap.
• Increased durability and reduced likelihood of corrosion.
• Works by catching air in between the bubble layers, creating air spaces enhancing the thermal insulation capabilities.
Another method of producing timber floor insulation is using heavy duty polystyrene, in board or strip form.
• Various thicknesses available, from lightweight 25mm to heavy duty 150mm.
SFUF Superfoil underfloor Insulation 1.5m x 8m x 6mm (12m2 roll)Excl. Tax: £103.20 Incl. Tax: £123.84 As low as: £110.88
Polystyrene Boards EPS70 grade 2400mm x 1200mm x
Starting at: Excl. Tax: £93.36 Incl. Tax: £112.03
Polystyrene EPS100 grade (Heavy density) 2400mm x 1200mm x
Starting at: Excl. Tax: £115.80 Incl. Tax: £138.96
Polystyrene EPS150 grade (Extra Heavy density) 2400mm x 1200mm x
Starting at: Excl. Tax: £120.00 Incl. Tax: £144.00
Earthwool Loft Roll 44 - easy to handle - user friendly loft roll
Starting at: Excl. Tax: £38.56 Incl. Tax: £46.27
Knauf Omnifit Slab in 400mm widths
Starting at: Excl. Tax: £27.65 Incl. Tax: £33.18
Knauf Omnifit Thermal & Acoustic Roll 100mm (8.16m2/roll)Excl. Tax: £39.98 Incl. Tax: £47.98 As low as: £43.18