Fire Boards, Paints & Sealants
Varley’s stock a range of fire resistant plasterboard, paints and sealants.
• Plasterboard is made from an Aerated Calcium sulphated di-hydrate. It is composed of fibres and fillers within a strong paper, with edges bound using starch and PVA.
• Available in a range of sizes and thicknesses, all of which meet Building Regulations Part B and comply with the relevant British Standards (BS1230 Type 5 and BS EN 520 Types D and F).
• Firesteel paint can be applied to steel elements within the internal structure of a property. This coating will give either 30 or 60 minutes protection from fire.
• Intucoat is used on uncoated mineral fibre battens. Once the material has been coated, it will have a maximum of two hours insulation from fire and up to four hours' integrity.
• Fire resistant sealants can fill in joints up to a maximum of 25mm, offering protection from fire for a maximum of four hours.
• Intucompound is a mortar that can seal gaps in walls or floors. This provides a fire resistant seal and offers up to four hours' insulation and integrity.